Thursday, February 25, 2016

Starting Costume Project

I am following the outfit Osgood wears in the first episode she is in, which gives the best impression of who she is as a character (at least at that point in the plot). To start, I have glasses and green pants for my Osgood costume. I also ordered dark red, converse-style shoes (which were about $15, but I also didn't buy them solely for my costume)
I plan on using a white lab coat from the costume shop. I'll put pens in the pocket and clip on an id that I can print out really quick and easy.





















I already started making the scarf, which is fun. The loom/knitting kit was just over $30 and 6 different colored balls of yarn was around $20. I didn't buy the beige color, so I just ignore it and lengthen the colors around it to compensate. I use one or two different pictures as a reference of what color and length to use, but I don't know how long it will turn out to be. I want to wrap it around twice, but because I made it with a shorter width I will probably make it long enough to wrap three times, like in the picture, to give it a more full look.
I bought a shirt at Goodwill to turn into her cardigan. I already cut right through the front of it and sewed along it. I plan to use Velcro and then sew on buttons.
Because I work on the scarf at different times of the day, it shouldn't take me long to finish. The cardigan will take hardly any time left.
One thing I would like to make to add to my costume would be a bow tie, either red or a black, but that would require a collared shirt, which she wears under her cardigan anyway, but I thought I could get away without having one because the scarf could cover it up. So it will probably just depend on the time I have and the availability of a collared shirt.
I am so excited to see the finished look!

No comments:

Post a Comment