Thursday, February 25, 2016

Costume Project: Aurora Inspired



While on my mission, I was shopping at Walmart on a Pday, and noticed in the Halloween section this sweet costume from the movie Maleficent. What caught my eye originally was her gold head piece, but upon returning home from the mission, and actually seeing the movie, I loved Elle Fanning's gold dress at the close of the film. I decided to make my own version, and quickly began scouring online fabric stores for similar materials. I ordered a variety of swatches and settled on a sequin overlay, gold lame, and a bemberg viscose liner. I originally thought the bodice would be entirely sequins, but after playing around with the swatches, Sister Dooley and I both agreed it appeared too flashy. 

Next step: creating a sloper!

No comments:

Post a Comment