Thursday, February 25, 2016

Costume Project


 I never would have imagined that sewing a zipper into something would be quite so entirely distressful. My fabric stretches very easily, so I had to sew the zipper a couple of times over just to make sure I didnt get much puckering on the fabric. Thank goodness it came out decently.

After finishing up the hoodie construction I started experimenting with patterns a little. I have decided I want to make the tail first and then I'll move on to the spikes and ears for the hoodie.

For the pattern I got the measurement for the lenght of the tail I wanted. Then I enlarged my original drawing to give the fabric some seam allowance on both sides.

After that, I cut the fabric, sew the pieces together and started stuffing the inside of the tail to give it a fluffy more real look. Now that the tail is finished and attached I feel like I should be able to finish it all in time for the fashion show.


No comments:

Post a Comment