Friday, January 22, 2016

The Finishing Touches

I must say that I ended up enjoying this class much more than I initially thought. I think that one of the main things that made this so enjoyable, is the people that are part of the team. We don't really hang out much outside of class, but inside the costume lab we are a pretty cohesive friendly group.We worked well as a team and were very eager to take on whatever the production needed to move forward.

Sometimes we didn't see eye to eye on our costume critiques, but on the play I feel like we all knew what our objective was so it was easy to choose things without any dissent of opinions. And I think a big part of why that happened is that Sister Dooley really gave us direction from the beginning.

She let us know what should be the main components of our wardrobe and then she allowed us to have fun with it. This I feel is very important, because now as we are about to be done with the play I look at our actors in their costumes and I can really feel fulfilled in the sense that I really helped and made a difference in the costume design.

Going with that same idea, being able to be in charge of the final look of Fruma Sarah was an amazing opportunity and also very fun. It was especially cool, because now I know how to do skeleton looking makeup.

I do wish that we had been able to have some more practice in make up. We had a couple of lessons, but just the theory is not really enough to go help an actor with their makeup. Myba next time we can have some make up classes earlier in the semester and have some test models.

No comments:

Post a Comment