Sunday, January 31, 2016

Into a Dragon

After realizing that my Kingdom Hearts III Sora project was going to be somewhat too ambitious, I have decided on something a little more simple, but still very fun and in the cosplay setting. I want to do a hoodie and pants inspired by Toothless from the movie "How to train your Dragon".

There's a design online that I would like to base my creation around. I might tinker a bit with it to make bigger wings to have a cooler look, but I am still undecided because I would like it to be something everyday wearable as well.
Toothless is a very lovable character, so I dont necessarily want to look fierce in it.

This coming Saturday we will be going to fabric mart, so I will be able to get the materials there. It shouldn't be difficult, I now only need black color fabrics.

I now have the materials needed for my final project. Overall the cost was about $70 dollars. Which is pretty cheap considering that all websites that offer this hoodie price it around $200-300 dollars.



I will be following a Mcalls hoddie pattern which I will slightly alter to make the main construction of the hoodie. Afterwards, it will be up to me to make the ears, spikes, tail and wings patterns. I will be using batting to stuff the wings and tail.

Right now, I think time wise I should be fine. I also made sure to get extra fabric and batting because I will probably end up botching a couple of pieces.

The only thing I am missing right now would be the paint to make the small scale details that the hoodie shows in some parts.

I am really excited to start this project this coming week.



No comments:

Post a Comment