Sunday, November 29, 2015

Scavenging for Anatevka

In an attempt to reduce our workload when it comes to sewing costumes from scratch for our dancing villagers, I have been visiting the Give and Take center on campus to find some clothes that fit into our costumes criteria.

A couple of visits have been fruitless, but during the Thanksgiving break I was finally able to find some things that I believe will or could be very useful to us. We have been talking a lot about our color palette being based on earthen tones so I have been sticking to that concept.













 I have also been on the lookout for floral designs that look tacky and give that peculiar Anatevka look. So far I have found some blouses and long dresses that I feel go well with some other pieces we are already incorporating in our wardrobe. I think that some of the dresses that have short or no sleeves could be turned into a skirt. I am not expert in the matter, but I would assume doing that would be less work than making a whole skirt from scratch.





So far I am afraid most of the things I have managed to find are for women, but I am sure I can get something for our male characters too once we talk more about what we want for them. Along with the clothes I was able to get a couple of accessories (scarfs) for our cast. I also found a box there that is full of sewing patterns. Some of them would definitely not be helpful for the play. For the time being I grabbed only one that is for making skirts and long sleeve dresses.




No comments:

Post a Comment