Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Gamer, Cosplayer and Food Lover

Hello fellow classmates. My name is Luis Miguel Arredondo Casas (In Mexico you get two last names), but you can all call me Luis (not Lewis and definitely not Louise). I am a senior majoring in political science and minoring in Japanese. My desire to learn Japanese comes from my love of anime, Japanese animation, and the culture of this wonderful country. I was able to visit Japan some weeks ago and those days were some of the most beautiful and lovely days of my life.


I view anime and video games like art that goes one step further. Its music, drawing, writing and designing all combined to tell a beautiful story that not only is pleasing to the eye, but also transcending into someones life and soul. This view of mine transfers into the way I see cosplay. Many anime fans do cosplay for the fame or the beautiful clothes. I personally do cosplay to pay homage to those characters that I feel have earned a special place in my heart and that I feel I have something important to learn from.


I love eating, but due to the fact that my mother has worked as a chef and is always learning new things to cook, I am a very picky eater. I do not eat food just because is there, I try to eat things that I really like and can enjoy. An easy example of this, is the fact that I normally do not eat any common brand chocolates, because I prefer dark chocolate. So, no matter how many snickers I receive during a day, I will most likely throw them away or give them to my roommate at the end of the day.

I am excited to help in this semester's theater production and I look forward to learn and have fun with all of you.
Nice to meet you and see you around.



No comments:

Post a Comment